1675년에 차녹은 런던의 크로스비 홀 (Crosby Hall)에서 동사 목사 사역 (co-pastorship)을 시작한다. 이것이 그가 1680년 죽기 전까지 공식적으로 했던 목회 사역이었다.
대부분의 차녹의 저서들은 그가 죽고 나서 출판되었다. 차녹의 주 저서로는 크로스비 홀에서 강연을 했던 시리즈를 모아서 출판한 Discourses upon the Existence and Attributes of God을 으뜸으로 친다.
국내에서는 다음과 같은 차녹의 책들이 번역되어 있다.
- Beeke, Joel R., and Randall J. Pederson. “Stephen Charnock (1628-1680).” In Meet the Puritans: With a Guide to Modern Reprints. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2006.
- _____ and Mark Jones. “Stephen Charnock on the Attributes of God.” In A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life. Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2012.
- Deusterman, Ken. “Stephen Charnock’s Doctrine of God: An Anthology of the Existence and Attributes of God.” American Theological Inquiry 3, no. 1 (January 2010): 127–149.
- Drayson, F. K. “Divine Sovereignty in the Thought of Stephen Charnock.” In Puritan Papers, vol. 1. Edited by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Foreword by W. Robert Godfrey. Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing Company, 2000.
- Gatis, George Joseph. “Stephen Charnock’s View of Substantive Biblical Law.” Contra Mundum, no.13 (Fall 1994): 1–14.
- Park, Jae-Eun. "Stephen Charnock’s Christological Knowledge of God in A Discourse of the Knowledge of God in Christ." The Confessional Presbyterian, 10 (2014): 73-81 (박재은, "A Discourse of the Knowledge of God in Christ에 나타난 스티븐 차녹의 기독론적 하나님의 지식." The Confessional Presbyterian, 10 (2014): 73-81.
- Trueman, R. Carl. “Reason and Rhetoric: Stephen Charnock on the Existence of God.” In Reason, Faith and History Philosophical Essays for Paul Helm. Farnham: Ashgate Publishing, 2008.
- Yuille, J. Stephen. “How Pastoral Is Open Theism?: A Critique from the Writings of George Swinnock and Stephen Charnock.” Themelios 32, no. 2 (January 2007): 46–61.
- Hansang Lee (2009). “Trinitarian Theology and Piety: The Attributes of God in the Thought of Stephen Charnock (1628-1680) and William Perkins (1558-1602)”. 《p.11, 인용  There has been a misunderstanding of Charnock’s denominational background that saw him as Presbyterian because he was a co-pastor with Thomas Watson at Crosby Hall from 1675 to his death in 1680. However, there is no literary evidence to support this assumption. According to Gribben’s and Seymour’s account of Irish Puritanism related to Charnock’s ministry in Dublin before the Restoration, he was arguably an Independent Puritan. See Crawford Gribben, The Irish Puritans: James Ussher and the Reformation of the Church (Darlington: Evangelical Press, 2003), pp. 110-5; St. John D. Seymour, The Puritans in Ireland 1647-1661 (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1921).》 (A Thesis Submitted to New College, the School of Divinity of the University of Edinburgh, for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy).